areas of expertise
- Athletic club development
- Mission and Values development and implementation
- Leadership Development
- Operations Management
- Tennis programming development & management
- Education BS in Physical education & Public Health Education
University of Minnesota
Greg is an insightful tennis and athletic industry professional with over 40 years of experience. Greg conceived of, developed, managed and had an ownership interest in two of the largest tennis and multipurpose athletic clubs in North America. Greg was elected to the Board of Directors of IHRSA and the TIA. He is a 25-year volunteer for the USTA at the national level and has served as President for his USTA & USPTA sections. Greg received the IHRSA Dale Dibble Distinguished Service Award and the 1st USPTA General Manager of the Year Award. His club received the USTA Facility of the Year Award. The Better Business Bureau of Minnesota presented him with their Integrity Award. Greg, winner of several NOVA 7 Awards, is a national bestselling author of a tennis doubles book and has been a presenter at multiple IHRSA, USPTA, PTR, ATP, WTA, TIA, and USTA conferences.
An award winning club developer and industry leader who believes in better results through better people, processes, and programs.
In 1985, he conceived of and developed the Flagship Athletic Club, a 19-court multipurpose club in Eden Prairie, Minnesota.
In 1993, he developed the Rochester Athletic Club, a 270,000 square foot multipurpose club with 19 tennis courts. Greg served as the general manager and was a minority owner. The tennis program produced a world junior champion; players who participated in all the Grand Slams; Sports Illustrated National Athlete of the Year winner; numerous Division 1 scholarship recipients; multiple state champions. It averaged 2.5 adult teams per year going to USTA Nationals. The RAC was named a USTA Facility of the Year.
- Greg served as the national tennis director for LifeTime for 2012- 2015 overseeing tennis operations for 21 clubs.
- Greg authored Tennis Doubles, Wining Strategies for all Levels, a national bestseller.
- Greg was elected to the Board of Directors of IHRSA and the TIA. He has served as President for his USTA & USPTA sections. Greg received the IHRSA Dale Dibble Distinguished Service Award and the 1st USPTA General Manager of the Year Award.
- Greg has been a volunteer for the USTA at the national level for over 24 years serving on the Adjunct Facility, various committees, and chaired the Learning & Leadership committee and the USTA Nominating Committee. Currently, he serves as the Council chair for the Delivery Council.
- Greg was selected by the USTA in 2015 to write the Rally the Family guide- a guide to redefine how to attract new tennis players to the game.
- Greg has been a presenter at multiple IHRSA, USPTA, PTR, ATP, WTA, TIA, and USTA conferences.
Get in Touch
I’d like to learn more about REX Roundtables and see if it’s a good fit for me!: